We have added links to the videos of all four working group meetings held in July between RA/CPR and Fairfax County staff on key issues of concern to Reston residents related to the proposed increase in density for Reston’s Planned Residential Community. These can be found on our new YouTube Video page and include:
- 30 July meeting on density, overall planning, and village centers;
- 24 July meeting on infrastructure, focusing especially on schools;
- 18 July meeting on parks, recreational facilities, and open spaces in Reston; and
- 17 July meeting on transportation planning and infrastructure.
The published agenda for the Reston Planning & Zoning Board meeting on 18 June is attached here: 6.18.18 P and Z agenda
Specific projects to be discussed and voted on include:
- 11111 Sunset Hills — informational, request to rezone the property (across the street from the US Post Office) to permit the construction of 426,678 square feet of new development, including 13 townhouses and a 175-unit condo/apartment building, as well as 226,678 square feet of office or other space.
- Sunrise Technology Center (aka Core Site) — rezoning request for 12369A, 12343 and 12379 Sunrise Valley (west of the Geological Survey complex) to convert existing buildings into a data center complex.
- Reston Town Center West/JBG — request to rezone the site at 12100, 12110, and 12120 Sunset Hills Road to allow the construction of two new multi-family residential buildings (675,000 square feet) and three new office buildings (650,000 square feet).
- Pulte/Sunrise Valley — request to rezone 12700 Sunrise Valley Drive to allow 44 new townhouses and a parking garage
This meeting will begin at 7:30 Continue reading “Reston P&Z Board, 18 June”